Monday, August 1, 2011

Step One: Lace shoes

I'm not going to lie to you, I am NOT a runner. I am barely what you would call a "walker". However, I have decided to become a runner...slowly. So this morning, I laced up my running shoes, put on two bras (yes TWO, these things are OOC*) and stepped on the treadmill. So, my plan was to do a 15 minute mile, plus warm up, and cool down. If you know anything about running, or math, you realize that's pretty slow. I mean, I'm 200+ pounds, I'm not about to die the embarrassing death of running. Please note that I while I am only jogging (at best) I consider it running because I am giving it ALL I've got! :D

So I start with a semi-brisk 5 minute warm-up. I think to myself: Okay, this is nothing, I am gonna be skinny by Christmas! At the 5 minute mark, I start my 15 minute mile! *Actual thoughts* [5 mins in] Oh yeah, this feels good. I can do this, I'm 1/3 the way in! [7 mins in] Whew, whew, Okay B, just keep pushing! [9 mins in] Shit, as SOON as this treadmill says one mile, I am kicking it over to cool down! Sooo.... I did not run for my full 15 mins, but I did run 10 mins straight, and the best part of it all, is that, I was not chasing an ice cream truck!!! GO ME!


OOC* - Out Of Control


Today's Stats

Distance: 1.11m

Time: 20mins

4 comments:

  1. I am very proud of you...i will be your partner tomorrow..but unlike you...i know it will take beyond Christmas to lose this fat...so me and my two bras will be there bright and early...i love your motivation!!!! Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock girl! I barely need a bra....let alone 2 of them...as I am sadly lacking in that department. I have tossed around the idea of running a 5K at some point. Just not yet....so be my inspiration! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rock on, B. That is a lot of runnIng for your first day. I'm getting back out on the road tomorrow a.m.

    ReplyDelete